Dear eBookwise Customer:
We are no longer selling eBooks through this site. You can continue to access and enjoy the eBooks in your eBookwise library. You can obtain new content for your eBookwise-1150 by purchasing MultiFormat eBooks at Fictionwise.com.
Please see the FAQ for more information.
The eBookwise Team
Download eBook USB Driver for the eBookwise-1150 Windows
Installation Mac Installation
This page provides information about how to download to your computer the eBook
USB Driver that enables your eBookwise-1150 to use the high-speed Internet connection
on your computer to access the Online Bookshelf or Bookstore.
NOTE: There have been reports that certain virus-protection software products such as Norton Systemworks or MacAfee 7.1 may interfere
with the USB driver installation. If you have Norton Systemworks or MacAfee 7.1
installed on your system, please turn it off before installing. You
may turn it back on after installation. In rare cases uninstalling McAfee's privacy service (from the "Add/Remove Programs"
control panel) or site advisor is advised as well.
Be sure your computer is running Windows 98, 2000, 2003, ME, XP or Vista.
To install the Windows eBook USB Driver, follow these steps:
- If you have a prior version of the
eBook USB drivers installed on your system, you will need to uninstall it.
To uninstall, go to the START menu, open the Control Panel, and open the
tool. Use that tool to remove the eBook USB driver.
- Download the new USB driver.
- Run the installation program
- Open the folder where you saved
- Double-click on the installer (Win_eBookUSB_Installer.exe),
and answer the prompts.
- Restart your computer if you are prompted to
- Complete the installation (This example shows Windows XP)
Click "Next" to proceed.
- The following warning will appear. This dialog tells you that the
eBook driver has not been signed by Microsoft (which is true).
must click "Continue Anyway" to complete the
- If your installation is successful, you will see the following dialog.
- The default installation installs the driver files in the following
location "C:\Program Files\eBook Technlogies\eBook USB Driver".
system ever prompts you for the location of the
driver, use this location.
- To register your device, tap the "Online Bookshelf" tab
screen. You will then be led through the registration
To install the Macintosh eBook USB Driver on OS X, follow these steps.
- Download the driver.
- Run the installation program
- Open the installer.
- Enter your administrator password.
- Click Continue to install.
- Choose disk (the System Disk).
- Click Continue.
- Click Restart when prompted (when installation
After you download and install the eBook USB Driver, just connect
one end of the USB cable that came packed with your eBookwise-1150 to your
device and the
other end to the USB port of a computer connected to the Internet, and you
can connect to the Online Bookshelf or Bookstore. Anytime you plug in the
to your eBookwise-1150 (with your computer and device turned on), you can quickly
and easily access the Online Bookshelf or Bookstore.
If your USB connection does not work after following these
instructions, see our USB Troubleshooter