eBookwise-1150 eBook Reading Device with 64 Megabyte
Click on image to enlarge.
|This device contains 64 Megabytes of internal memory, dramatically increasing the storage capability of your
the size of a paperback book, weighing about a pound, and with its backlit
screen, the eBookwise-1150 gives new meaning to the term "light reading." The
device also includes powerful electronic features that offer you a reading
experience beyond that of a traditional book. You can turn pages and
change the text orientation just by pushing a button. By simply touching
the screen, you can enlarge the text size, bookmark pages, highlight
passages, make notes, search for key words and hyperlink
to other parts of the book.
· Download a printable PDF Quickstart Guide.
· Click here for warranty information.
The eBookwise-1150 can display premium content from eBookwise.com, including
best-sellers from major publishers, with more signing on all the time. See our home page for major best-selling authors and titles, or browse our extensive
catalog for details. In addition, the eBookwise-1150 can display your own personal
content in the following file formats: plain text (.txt), rich text format
(.rtf), Microsoft Word documents (.doc), HTML (.htm or .html), and Rocket eBook
Editions (.rb). There are several ways to transfer personal content onto the
device; for more information click
eBookwise-1150 eBook Reading Device Specifications
eBookwise-1150 eBook Reading Device Features
- Weight: 18 ounces
- Size: 5" x 7.5" x 1.5", about as much viewable screen area as a paperback book.
- Memory: 4MB RAM; 64MB internal Flash for program and content storage; enough internal
memory to hold approximately 100 eBooks at
a time, depending on length.
- CPU: Cirrus Logic ARM-7
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Screen: Back-lit 5.5" diagonal 4-bit grayscale LCD touch screen; half-VGA resolution
- Communications: Internal v.34 33.6Kbps modem and USB
- Accessories: Stylus, power adapter, protective case, USB cable and phone cord
- Large memory: Carry dozens of training manuals, books and personal documents in one compact unit.
- Long battery life: Read for up to 15 hours without recharging; can
be read while charging. (15 hour battery life assumes minimal backlight usage.
With backlight fully enabled reading time is approximately cut in half.)
- Built-in modem and USB ports: Use a phone line or USB to instantly
receive desired content. No linkage with a PC is required for phone connection. USB drivers are available for Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Mac OS X. (click here for more information on USB drivers.)
- Personal Online Bookshelf: Copies of all your eBook editions are maintained on the device's server-based Online Bookshelf. Download them quickly and easily to your eBook device whenever desired; many thousands of pages can be locally stored on the eBook's eBookshelf.
- Grayscale display: See your electronic books, training documents and personal content complete with images.
- Backlit screen: Adjustable brightness and contrast controls allow reading anywhere, even in the dark.
- Variable text size: Increase the text size for easy reading.
- Shortcut: A frequently used feature (e.g. auto-update, zoom font, search, sleep, settings) may be dynamically associated with the "shortcut" button on the eBook device to provide one-touch access to a user-selected feature.
- Bookmark, highlight and make notes: Use the touch screen to mark pages and passages and take notes.
- Search: Tap on a word in the text to find other occurrences of that word or enter text to search using the dropdown onscreen keyboard.
- Auto-connect: At daily scheduled times, the eBook device can automatically connect to the server to retrieve new and updated content.